East -West Nursing College is operated by Alim Foundation. Alim foundation is a non -profitable, service oriented caring organization which was established in 1995 by the untiring and restless effort of Dr. Moazzem Hossain and Late Kanis Tania Sweety to serve the country and the nation. The Organization has been destined to bring health care facilities to the doors of the common mass of peoples of Bangladesh and determined and devoted to render its helping hands for the welfare of the nation. The result of which come across the establishment of Aichi Hospital , East- West Medical College & Hospital, Update Dental College & Hospital, East -west Nursing College and East – west Nursing Institute and Fazlul Karim Hospital , Savar which is producing the best citizens of the country having the oath to do the best for the country and the nation.
East -West Nursing college is an esteem Institution for Nursing , education in Bangladesh offering Basic , Post basic and speacialized Nursing Education Programme through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge through reserch and others scholaroly activity . The college was established to provide educational exprience for future leaders in nursing that would include a strong ethical component. The nursing programme integrates liberal art and science with professional education required for nursing practice .
|On completion of the programme the graduates are expected to:|
- Function as self directed individuals and responsible citizens.
- Be aware of the influence of socio cultural, political, religious and economical factors on health and illness.
- Utilize knowledge of behavioral, social, physical, physiological, medical and nursing sciences in their nursing practice.
- Provide comprehensive and holistic nursing care, using nursing process and problem solving approach to people of all ages at different settings in health as well as illness.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship when working collaboratively with members of various disciplines.
- Demonstrate beginning skills in teaching, management, research and guidance and counseling.
- Show leadership qualities, ability to make sound decisions and creative thinking.
- Be responsible for the continuing professional education of self and for the advancement of profession and professional organization.
The mission of the college of nursing is to generate , disseminate and apply knowledge a it relates to nursing care of nursing care of individuals , families and dissemination of knowledge prompt the ultimate objective of improving the quality of life through the promotion of health the presentation of diseases, and the care of the ill and vulnerable .The college seeks excellence through continuing achievement and improvement in the quality of its teaching , research , clinical practice and services.
East- West Nursing college has a defined mission as follows:
- To Teach
- To Learn
- To Serve
- To Foster Growth
To innovatively contribute to the Profession of Nursing